Who we are
Our website address is: http://drerinellis.com.
Dr. Erin Ellis, PLLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://drerinellis.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION
The privacy and security of Patients’ individually identifiable health information provided to Company in connection with Services may be protected by federal law (HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and their regulations) and state privacy laws, because Company provides Services to health care providers. This health information is “protected health information” (“PHI”). PHI may be used and disclosed by Company as necessary to provide Services, for our own management and operations, to meet our legal obligations, and for any other purpose for which Patients have given consent. We may share PHI with third parties for these purposes in compliance with applicable law. We may de-identify PHI and aggregate it for purposes of monitoring and improving our Education Content or access to Telemedicine Services, for benchmarking purposes, and to provide customized services or technologies our customers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Educational Content or Telemedicine Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Educational Content or Telemedicine Services, to respond to your inquiries, to provide technical support and assistance and for other customer service purposes.
- To communicate with you regarding the availability of Educational Content or Telemedicine Services on behalf of your Provider, otherwise.
- To send you reminders and other information related to your care on behalf of your Provider.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Website or our Telemedicine Services.
- To send offers and other promotional communications to Providers;
- To display advertising on our Website.
- To better understand how users access and use our Telemedicine Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Website and Telemedicine Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable technical, physical, administrative, and organizational safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify registration information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to Healthcare Providers. Healthcare Providers may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Telemedicine Services you have requested or received from us.
Protected health information (PHI) is information that includes, but is not limited to, identifying data such as name, social security number, address, contact information, as well as information about personal health issues submitted through the Telemedicine Services. Personally identifiable information may include all such types of information, except for health- or health-care-specific information. This is the information we work our best to protect.
We will only collect information that is voluntarily submitted by you. Your privacy is important to us and we believe in keeping confidential any and all personally identifiable information that identifies an individual whether or not it relates to an individual’s past, present, or future physical or mental health condition.
Company is permitted to use and disclose your PHI for purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
We may share Protected Health Information (PHI) as it is allowed by the law and as it is authorized by you. In certain cases, we employ other third parties to perform Telemedicine Services on our behalf and they will have access to your PHI as needed to perform these Telemedicine Services.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We may invite you to post content on our Website though Interactive Services, including your comments Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. As a result, you should never post any sensitive information to our Website that you are not comfortable sharing publicly (e.g., personal medical details). Company is not liable to you or any other person for any content or information you post to our Website or the use or disclosure of such content or information by other users or third parties.
Our Website and Telemedicine Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please us using our contact information found on our Website.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Company delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Phone: (480) 331-7757
Dr. Erin Ellis, PLLC
9855 E Southern #52832
Mesa, Arizona 85209